DESCRIPTION OF DRY AIR SYSTEMS FOR SEEDS PRESERVATION
Dessica ™ Systems’ with his extensive experience, allows a total control over the dry air conditions required to achieve conditioning and storage of seeds. The germination process is caused by 3 main factors; humidity, temperature & luminosity. Dessica ™ Systems’ will help you control the dry air environment.
BENEFITS OF DESSICA SYSTEMS IN SEEDS PRESERVATION
- Preserve seeds from germination
- Increase dormancy period of seeds thus longer storage capacity
- Reduce losses and increase profitability
- Help control factors even in the packaging stage
- Improve quality of the finished products
The quality of our products, the efficiency of our installation and the impact on your work processes will be almost immediate.
IMPLEMENTATION OF DESSICA SYSTEMS IN SEEDS PRESERVATION
Discover our article on Seeds and storage preservation
LIMAGRAIN is fully satisfied with the installation and operation of DESSICA’ dryer units.
Due to Dessica’s dryers’ installation, evaporative systems are now only solicited for sensitive heat, as the residual heat is now handled by the air dryers. The units are now in operation since May 2015, so far, no product loss or negative feedback from the customer has been reported.
- Avoid the risk of seed germination losses during the storage period
- Control the hygrometry for several warehouses storing seeds
- Maintain a 50% humidity level throughout the year with a constant temperature of 46°F, i.e. a water vapor content of less than 0.1 once.water /lbs dry air
- Maintaining conditions of infiltrated air from neighboring rooms: 77°F/50% RH or 0,50 once.water/lbs.dry air
- Air infiltration considered in global building 1500 CMH (closed doors, doors opening, walls)